I signed up for this challenge in 2013 but was complete pants at it, so I’m trying again! (not in the reading just in review linking and whatnot) I’m a big fan of this challenge and of our Aussie lady writers in general so I’m excited to be more involved in 2014.
The 2014 Australian Women Writers Challenge was set up to help overcome gender bias in the reviewing of books by Australian women. The challenge encourages avid readers and book bloggers, male and female, Australian and non-Australian, to read and review books by Australian women throughout the year. You don’t have to be a writer to sign up. You can choose to read and review, or read only.
From the AWWC site
I’m aiming for the Franklin level: read ten and review at least six.
You should totally sign up too! Go here for more info.
And cos everyone knows how I like a good list. Here’s all Aussie Women Books I read in 2013:
- Finding Freia Lockhart by Aimee Said
- Burn Bright by Marianne de Pierres
- Just Between Us by Many Ladies
- Hate is Such a Strong Word by Sarah Ayoub
- Every Breath by Ellie Marney
- The Zigzag Effect by Lili Wilkinson
- The Accident by Kate Hendrick
- New Guinea Moon by Kate Constable
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman (aussie) & Megan Spooner (US)
- Wildlife by Fiona Wood
- Haze by Paula Weston
- All This Could End by Steph Bowe
- Steal My Sunshine by Emily Gale
- Notes From the Teenage Underground by Simmone Howell
- Girl Defective by Simmone Howell
- Crow Country by Kate Constable
- Saltwater Vampires by Kirsty Eagar
- Love Notes From Vinegar House by Karen Tayleur
Hmmm maybe I should up my challenge for 2014…